Notes and Editorial Reviews
* Bryn Terfel (Falstaff) * Barbara Frittoli (Alice) * Diana Montague (Meg) * Roberto Frontali (Ford) * Desirée Rancatore (Nannetta) * Kenneth Tarver (Fenton) * Bernadette Manca di Nissa (Quickly) * Robin Leggate (Dr. Caius) * Peter Hoare (Bardolph) * Gwynne Howell (Pistol)
The spectacular opening production of London's newly restored Royal Opera House, first broadcast live on BBC television in December 1999, brings a riot of colour to Verdi's great Shakespearean masterpiece.
Bryn Terfel as Sir John Falstaff and Barbara Frittoli as Alice Ford lead a star cast with the orchestra and chorus of the Royal Opera House under the direction of Bernard Haitink, in a spectacular new production by Graham Vick with vibrant medieval designs by Paul Brown.
Running time: 157 minutes DVD9
Region Code: All regions
Picture format: 16:9
Sound format: Dolby Stereo & 5.1 Surround
Menu languages: English/German/French
Subtitle languages: German/French
Cat. No.: OA 0812 D (PAL) OA 0823 D (NTSC)
* Meet the backstage crew in a fascinating 10-minute tour of the behind-the-scenes working of the Royal Opera House, as they prepare for this opening gala performance
* Stage Director Graham Vick on his Production of Falstaff
* Illustrated synopsis of the opera, presented by James Naughtie
* Bryn Terfel talks to Eamonn Holmes