standard CD version
and a limited number of the
CD deluxe edition
• A beautiful scenic film by Olivier simonnet. Filmed in high-definition widescreen.
• Cecilia Bartoli sings virtuoso arias from her
, on location in and around the spectacular baroque palace of Caserta in Southern Italy, just outside of Naples.
• This unique film shows Cecilia Bartoli in full costume singing a selection of showpiece arias written for the castrato stars of the neapolitan school.
• Ravishing locations including the Court Theatre, the stunning Vestibule and the Palace Gardens.
• Arias include Handel’s “Ombra mai fu” and Broschi’s “Son qual nave”—previously only available in the deluxe version of the album.
• The film also showcases the leading Italian period ensemble Il Giardino Armonico under their director Giovanni Antonini.
• Special bonus features include an illustrated interview in which Cecilia Bartoli talks about the Sacrificium project, and a visual guide to the Palace, town and region of Caserta.