Notes and Editorial Reviews
MOZART: LA CLEMENZA DI TITO
• Mozart’s last opera, La clemenza di Tito is presented here in an historical Roman setting—another one of Jean-Pierre Ponnelle’s legendary productions.
• Fully realized and rich performances by the Vienna Philharmonic under conductor James Levine along with an outstanding cast led by Tatiana Troyanos and Eric Tappy.
“The music is magnificent, frequently sublime. And the cast is splendid”
—The New York Times
DVD Features Include
• Superb picture quality.
• Improved audio and two surround sound options. (LPCM Stereo/Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS 5.1)
• Additional content and bonus material where available
• Subtitles in multiple languages.
• Region Code: 0 (worldwide).
Works on This Recording
La clemenza di Tito, K 621 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Eric Tappy (Tenor),
Catherine Malfitano (Soprano),
Tatiana Troyanos (Mezzo Soprano),
Anne Howells (Mezzo Soprano),
Carol Neblett (Soprano),
Kurt Rydl (Bass)
Vienna State Opera Chorus,
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Written: 1791; Prague
Be the first to review this title