Notes and Editorial Reviews
Ruth Ziesak · Anna Larsson · Christoph Genz · Dietrich Henschel
GewandhausKammerchor, Gewandhausorchester Leipzig
Herbert Blomstedt, conductor
Recorded live at St Thomas’s Church, Leipzig, May 2005
Picture Format: NTSC · 16:9 anamorphic
Sound Format: PCM Stereo · Dolby Digital 5.1 · DTS 5.1
Region Code: 0
Subtitles: Latin, English German, French
Booklet Notes: English, German, French
Running Time: 138 mins · 117 mins (Performance) + 21 mins Bonus (Herbert Blomstedt in Conversation)
* J.S. Bach's Mass in B minor is one of the greatest and most famous works of sacred music.
* Featuring some of
today’s leading Bach singers and distinguished conductor Herbert Blomstedt.
* A touching occasion in which the Leipzig audience bids farewell to Herbert Blomstedt as Gewandhaus Music Director.
* Performed at St. Thomas Church, Leipzig, the church for which Bach conceived his works.
* Recorded at the Leipzig Bach Festival which is regarded as the world’s leading festival celebrating J.S. Bach.
* 5.1 surround sound in Dolby Digital and DTS
* Widescreen 16:9 ratio
Bonus: Bach and his B minor Mass – An introduction by Herbert Blomstedt
Works on This Recording
Mass in B minor, BWV 232 by Johann Sebastian Bach
Anna Larsson (Alto),
Ruth Ziesak (Soprano),
Christoph Genz (Tenor),
Dietrich Henschel (Bass Baritone)
Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra,
Leipzig Gewandhaus Chorus
Written: 1747-49; Leipzig, Germany
Be the first to review this title