Notes and Editorial Reviews
Video game music has come a long way since the eight- and 16-bit glory days of Pac Man and Pole Position. Film composers, who began padding their busy schedules in the late '90s with game scoring, have upped their game (so to speak) in recent years, churning out memorable themes and full-length orchestral scores for the 21st century’s increasingly big-budget shooters, RPGs, platformers, and MMOs. The boldly titled Greatest Video Game Music collects 21 of those themes, including the stoic "Nate's Theme" from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the swashbuckling "Oblivion" from Elder Scrolls, and the beloved “Legend of Zelda Suite,” as reinterpreted by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
~ James Christopher Monger,
1. Advent Rising: Muse
2. Legend of Zelda: Suite
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Theme
4. Angry Birds: Main Theme
5. Final Fantasy VIII: Liberi Fatali
6. Super Mario Bros: Theme
7. Uncharted - Drake's Fortune: Nate's Theme
8. Grand Theft Auto IV: Soviet Connection
9. World of Warcraft: Seasons of War
10. Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty Theme
11. Tetris Theme (Korobeiniki)
12. Battlefield 2: Theme
13. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
14. Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare: Main Menu Theme
15. Mass Effect: Suicide Mission
16. Splinter Cell: Conviction
17. Final Fantasy: Main Theme
18. Bioshock: The Ocean on his Shoulders
19. Halo 3: One Final Effort
20. Fallout 3: Theme
21. Super Mario Galaxy: Gusty Garden Galaxy
Works on This Recording
Advent Rising: Muse by Tommy Tallarico / Michael
Length: 3 Minutes 42 Secs.
Tetris: Theme by Alexey Pajitnov
Length: 3 Minutes 28 Secs.
Battlefield 2: Theme by Joel Erikson
Length: 4 Minutes 40 Secs.
Fallout 3: Theme by Inon Zur
Length: 2 Minutes 20 Secs.
Be the first to review this title