Notes and Editorial Reviews
Prince William and Miss Kate Middleton will be married in Westminster Abbey on April 29th, 2011.
Throughout the United Kingdom this will be a day of celebration with a national holiday declared to allow for street parties and the chance to watch the glittering ceremony.
This release celebrates much of the wonderful and truly memorable music that has featured at past royal weddings and also includes contemporary sounds that have grown popular in the past few decades.
Highlights include Lesley Garrett’s delicate reading of Lakmé’s The Flower Duet, William Walton’s stirring music for Henry V and Craig Armstrong’s tender Balcony Scene from Romeo & Juliet.
The album also features
the stirring hymn I Vow To Thee My Country, Princess Diana’s personal choice for her wedding to Prince Charles and sadly also played at her funeral.
1. Fanfare For A Festive Occasion (Arthur Benjamin)
2. Elsa's Procession To The Cathedral (Richard Wagner arr. P. Bede)
3. "Enigma" Variations - Nimrod (Edward Elgar)
4. Requiem - Pie Jesu (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
5. Lohengrin - Bridal March (Richard Wagner)
6. Pomp And Circumstance March No.4 (Edward Elgar)
7. Henry V - Overture - The Globe Theatre (William Walton)
8. Symphony For Organ No. 5 - Toccata (Charles-Marie Widor)
9. Lakme - Sous le dome Epais (The Flower Duet) (Delibes), performed by Lesley Garrett
10. Crown Imperial (William Walton)
11. For The Love Of A Princess (James Horner)
12. Canon in D major (Johann Pachelbel)
13. William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet - The Balcony Scene (Craig Armstrong)
14. A Midsummer Night's Dream - Wedding March (Felix Mendelssohn)
15. I Vow To Thee My Country (Gustav Holst), performed by Helena Blackman
16. God Save The Queen (Arr. B. Brown)
Works on This Recording
Fanfare for a Festive Occasion by Arthur Benjamin
Massed Fanfare Trumpets
Period: 20th Century
Written: 1938; England
Venue: Kneller Hall
Length: 0 Minutes 34 Secs.
Requiem: Pie Jesu by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Lesley Garrett ()
Period: 20th Century
Length: 3 Minutes 31 Secs.
Be the first to review this title