This title is currently unavailable.
This CD is reissued by ArkivMusic.
Notes and Editorial Reviews
Music and lyrics by Jerry Herman.
Principal cast includes: Mary Martin and Loring Smith.
Alyn Ainsworth, conductor; orchestrations by Philip J. Lang.
Recorded December 5, 1965, in London, England; produced by Hugh Mendl.
Never before released on CD or in any other digital format, the London “Drury Lane” cast recording of Hello, Dolly! has been unavailable since the LP era, when it was briefly released in the US in 1966. The recording, made on December 5, 1965 in London, features Mary Martin in the title role, with Loring Smith and other members of the original London cast, with Alyn Ainsworth conducting. The London production of Hello, Dolly! ran for 794 performances at the Theatre
Royal in Drury Lane.
1. Prologue - Orchestra
2. I Put My Hand In - Mary Martin
3. It Takes A Woman - Loring Smith
4. Put On Your Sunday Clothes - Garrett Lewis / Johnny Beecher / Mary Martin / Beverlee Weir / Mark Alden
5. Ribbons Down My Back - Marilynn Lovell
6. Motherhood - Mary Martin / Marilynn Lovell / Coco Ramirez
7. Dancing - Mary Martin / Garrett Lewis / Johnny Beecher / Marilynn Lovell
8. Before The Parade Passes By - Mary Martin
9. Elegance - Marilynn Lovell / Garrett Lewis / Coco Ramirez / Johnny Beecher
10. Hello, Dolly! - Mary Martin
11. It Only Takes A Moment - Garrett Lewis / Marilynn Lovell
12. So Long Dearie - Mary Martin
13. Finale - Loring Smith / Mary Martin
Works on This Recording
Hello, Dolly! by Jerry Herman
Coco Ramirez (Voice),
Mark Alden (Voice),
Johnny Beecher (Voice),
Loring Smith (Voice),
Mary Martin (Voice),
Garrett Lewis (Voice),
Beverlee Weir (Voice),
Marilynn Lovell (Voice)
Period: 20th Century
Written: 1964; USA
Date of Recording: 12/05/1965
Venue: West Hampstead Studios, London
Featured Sound Samples
Put On Your Sunday Clothes
Average Customer Review: ( 4 Customer Reviews )
Why is this no longer available April 25, 2017
By STEPHEN J C. See All My Reviews
"I too would like to know why this title is out of print please reply"
Why is this title currently unavailable???? August 29, 2016
By Mark Andrew Lawrence See All My Reviews
"Isn't Arkivmusic supposed to keep out of print albums in circulations? Especially this version of HELLO DOLLY which never had an official CD release? I would like a response, please."
Mary Martin...Great Dolly June 4, 2013
By Gary B. (Trenton, NJ) See All My Reviews
"I was always impressed with Mary Martin. I have been wanting a copy of this version on CD...I have the record. Overall I like this version better that the Channing version. Mary Martin somehow captures the role in a way Channing couldn't. She is a class act. I highly recommend this version of the show."