Notes and Editorial Reviews
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Divertimento in E flat major, K. 113
Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No.20 in D minor, K. 466
Symphony No.41 in C major, K.551 "Jupiter"
Stefan Vladar, piano
Kammerorchester Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
Hartmut Haenchen, conductor
Recorded live at the Konzerthaus, Berlin, 13 November 2005
Picture Format: NTSC · 16:9 anamorphic (widescreen)
Sound Formats: PCM Stereo · Dolby Digital 5.1 · DTS 5.1
Region Code: 0 (all)
Booklet Notes: English, German, French
Running Time: 73 mins
* Mozart Year 2006 – 250th birthday on 27 January 2006.
* An All-Mozart Programme
conducted by Hartmut Haenchen.
* In the present performance, Haenchen and a reduced ensemble succeed in bringing to life the music’s manifold characteristics through the translucency of the part-writing. Whether light-heartedness, songlike lyricism, drama or inspired polyphonic writing: everything breathes the spirit of Mozart
* Time and again, critics have praised the orchestra’s stylistic assurance, transparent textures and technical precision>
* Hartmut Haenchen is a man of considerable gravitas, now in his sixties this is an artist to be rediscovered, a highly dedicated artist with a breadth of experience who exudes warmth and charm.
* Stefan Vladar’s extraordinarily sensitive touch and stylistic assurance make him an ideal partner for Haenchen and his orchestra.
* Vladar was only twenty when, as the youngest of 140 participants, he won the International Beethoven Piano Competition in Vienna.
* Brand new recording – state-of-the-art quality.
Works on This Recording
Concerto for Piano no 20 in D minor, K 466 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Stefan Vladar (Piano)
C.P.E. Bach Chamber Orchestra
Written: 1785; Vienna, Austria
Be the first to review this title