Notes and Editorial Reviews
Beethoven: Missa Solemnis
Concert for the Reopening of the Frauenkirche, Dresden
Camilla Nylund, soprano · Birgit Remmert, alto · Christian Elsner, tenor · René Pape, bass
Fabio Luisi, conductor
Recorded live at the Frauenkirche, Dresden, 4–5 November 2005
Picture Format: NTSC · 16:9 anamorphic
Sound Formats: PCM Stereo · Dolby Digital 5.1 · DTS 5.1
Region Code: 0 (all)
Subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish
Booklet Notes: English, German, French
Running Time: 88 mins + 4 mins (Bonus)
* With this festive concert the
Sächsische Staatskapelle Dresden under the baton of Fabio Luisi celebrates the moving event of the Reopening of the Frauenkirche in Dresden.
* After the Bombing of Dresden on February 13, 1945, the church burnt out and its dome, called the "Stone Bell", finally collapsed. The rebuilt church will remain a monument and a symbol of hope and conciliation, reminding people of its history.
* Beethoven’s overwhelming music blends impressively with the camera shots of the vast and impressive hall.
* The cast of of soloists is excellent including Camilla Nylund and René Pape, one the most outstanding singers of the younger generation.
* Brand new recording – state-of-the-art quality.
* 5.1 surround sound in Dolby Digital and DTS.
* Widescreen 16:9 ratio.
* Bonus Film: The Reconstruction of the Frauenkirche.
Works on This Recording
Missa solemnis in D major, Op. 123 by Ludwig van Beethoven
Christian Elsner (Tenor),
Camilla Nylund (Soprano),
Birgit Remmert (Alto),
René Pape (Bass)
Dresden State Opera Chorus
Written: 1823; Vienna, Austria
Date of Recording: 11/2005
Venue: Frauenkirche, Dresden, Germany
Length: 88 Minutes 0 Secs.
Be the first to review this title