With her new CD
Waiata Dame Kiri Te Kanawa joins the elite group of international singers whose recording careers span 50 years.
Waiata completes a full circle from her first recording (1964) which was also a collection of Maori songs. This was followed three years later by her Kiwi Records long- player, which based on sales, earned the NZ Phonographic Federation’s first Gold Disc awarded to a NZ artist and became her first recording release outside New Zealand. Since then she has recorded seventeen major operas with the world’s principal orchestras and appeared twice on the UK top-10 bestseller list: with the Rugby World Cup theme song “The World in Union” and Canteloube’s “Songs of the Auvergne”.
In 2010Read more Kiri received the British Classical Recording industry’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
1. HAERE E HINE (Farewell my Lady Fair)
2. TAMA NGAKAU MARIE (Son of a Peaceful Heart)
3. KARU KARU (Expectation)
4. HE PUTI PUTI KOE (To a Lovely Flower)
5. MARINGI NOA (I Weep For Your Return)
6. AWE MARIA (Hail Mary)
7. E TE ARIKI (Our Lord - Watch Over Us)
8. HE WAWATA (The Days of Yearning)
9. TE TANIWHA (The God of the Sea)
10. WHAKAARIA MAI (How Great Thou Art)
11. KOHU - AUAHI (Blue Smoke) composed by Ruru Karaitiana
12. WHAKAARIA MAI (Maori adaption of How Great Thou Art)
13. AUE E TE IWI E (The Pride of our Maori People)
14. KAMATE (Darkness Into Light)
15. TIROHIA MOKOIA (Look to the Island)
16. EHARA TE WAEA (Love Never Breaks) Read less