1. Brother Cadfael, television score: Cadfael of Shrewsbury (opening title music) - (Opening Title Music)
2. Brother Cadfael, television score: O Filii et Filiae (after traditional French melody)
3. Brother Cadfael, television score: Turn thine eye to see
4. Brother Cadfael, television score: Merry the dance
5. There Is No Rose of Such Virtue (English)
6. Brother Cadfael, television score: The Juggler's stare
7. Brother Cadfael, television score: All out of the world by tomorrow
8. Magnificat anima mea Dominum
9. Brother Cadfael, television score: Flamed my heart
10. Brother Cadfael, television score: Hidden in the well
11. Sanctus andRead more Benedictus
12. Brother Cadfael, television score: Veni, Sancte Spiritus
13. Lumen ad revelationem, antiphon in mode 8 - (Gregorian Chant)
14. Brother Cadfael, television score: Light of the Father's Light
15. Brother Cadfael, television score: Glover of Shotwick
16. Brother Cadfael, television score: High above the heavens
17. Salve Regina, antiphon in mode 1 - (Gregorian Chant)
18. Ave Maria, gratia plena, offertory in mode 8 for the 4th Sunday in Advent - (Gregorian Chant)
19. Brother Cadfael, television score: Cry aloud
20. Brother Cadfael, television score: The Falconer's secret
21. Brother Cadfael, television score: Hail St. Peter's Fair
22. Brother Cadfael, television score: Perspice Christicola (after "Sumer is icunen in")
23. Brother Cadfael, television score: Cadfael of Shrewsbury (closing title music) - (Closing Title Music)
Original soundtrack composed by Colin Towns.
Composer: Colin Towns.
Personnel: Olive Simpson (soprano); Christopher Robson (countertenor); Pavlo Beznosiuk, Rod Skeaping (vielle, rebec); Lucie Skeaping (vielle); Tom Finucane, Robin Jeffrey (lute); Michael-Anthony Taylor (recorder, percussion); Philip Pickett & the New London Consort (recorder).
Liner Note Authors: Colin Towns; Barry Rose.
Recording information: CTS Studios, London, England; St. Albans Abbey, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England; TS, Canterbury, Kent, England.
Director: Barry Rose.
Editors: Dennis Stevens; Barry Rose.
Photographer: John Rogers .
Arranger: Colin Towns.
Cadfael, the 12th century British monk created by novelist Ellis Peters (and later brought to life by actor Derek Jacobi in the PBS series Mystery!) is the inspiration behind composer Colin Towns' score, which also features chants performed by the Clerkes of St. Albans Abbey ~ Jason Ankeny Read less
Works on This Recording
Cadfaelby Colin Towns Conductor:
New London Consort
Gregorian Chant(s)by Anonymous Orchestra/Ensemble:
Clerkes of St. Albans Abbey
Average Customer Review: ( 4 Customer Reviews )
Love the series & love the musicOctober 1, 2015By Melissa L. (Port Huron, MI)See All My Reviews"I was thrilled to find the soundtrack to the Brother Cadfael mysteries on your on line store. I have the complete series at home and loved the music. Melissa L."Report Abuse
Cadfael SoundtrackApril 1, 2014By Norma R. (Egremont, Cumbria)See All My Reviews"Haunting and beautiful opening track from the soundtrack of the Cadfael TV series. And only available from Arkiv Music. So pleased I have discovered this source of classical music."Report Abuse
not what I expectedJanuary 30, 2013By J. Wagler (Kingston, ON)See All My Reviews"I was thrilled to get access to the soundtrack from Cadfael, as I was especially inspired by the stunning harmonies from Season 3, Episode 3 especially. Alas! None of that is on this CD, leaving me quite underwhelmed as per my expectations. The content on this CD is okay. I just would not have paid over $20, including shipping, for something like this. I wish I knew where to find the stuff on the above-mentioned episode."Report Abuse
YOU MUST BE A SUBSCRIBER TO LISTEN TO ARKIVMUSIC STREAMING.
TRY IT NOW FOR FREE!
Sign up now for two weeks of free access to the world's best classical music collection. Keep listening for only $19.95/month - thousands of classical albums for the price of one! Learn more about ArkivMusic Streaming